How do I plan my event?
Every event includes a consultation that includes the following information:
- type of event
- room setup requirements
- food service requirements
- equipment requirements
- decoration and other services options
- schedule and agenda
- free estimate
What does the hall fee include?
- Free parking
- Climate control
- Tables and chairs
- Setup of room
- Wired mic and podium
What about the food?
- All food and beverages must be purchased through Wedgewood Hall.
- Served meals AND buffets are priced one plate per person before taxes and gratuity. Seconds are not guaranteed and are at the discretion of the Wedgewood Hall management.
- No other carry-ins are allowed including other licensed caterers by reason of Department of Health regulations.
- Exceptions agreed upon by the Hall are bagged munchies such as potato chips or candies (NO Cheezies or similar items permitted) and special occasion cakes.
- Final guest count, not subject to reduction, is required five (5) days prior to the event. Any additional guest attending will be charged accordingly.
- The kitchen must be informed of special dietary needs at least 72 hours prior to the event. While we do our best to prevent cross contamination, we cannot give a 100% gurantee.
- Access to the kitchens is strictly prohibited.
What is the room capacity?
|Banquet with Dance||Wedgewood Hall
|Banquet without Dance||Wedgewood Hall
|Corporate with Tables||Wedgewood Hall
|Corporate Event Theatre Style||Wedgewood Hall
|Trade Show with Booths||Wedgewood Hall||15 Booths|
Is there a bar?
- Wedgewood Hall is a licensed facility.
- Wedgewood Hall will provide all bar staff.
- No alcohol, including for gifts and/or party favours, other than that sold by Wedgewood Hall is permitted.
- Wedgewood Hall is a private facility. The bar operates during the function ONLY, and all guests must vacate the premises within 30 minutes of closure of the bar.
- Alcohol sold in the hall must be consumed within the hall, not outside.
- Alcohol brought into the hall from the outside will be confiscated and disposed of.
- Violations of the liquor laws may result in the bar being closed.
What about decorations?
- Wedgewood Hall offers are range of decoration services, customized for your event. If you request Wedgewood Hall to do the decorating, you can choose from a range of packages or ask for customized decor. Cost for customized decor will depend on number and type of items requested.
- The Renter is permitted to use their own decorations for the function; however, no tape, thumb tacks, staples,nails or pins are to be used on the walls, floors or ceilings.
- The Renter is responsible for taking out all items that are brought in at the completion of the function. No items are to be left overnight. Items left behind will be disposed of.
Can I bring a DJ / Live Band?
- You are welcome to hire a DJ or band; however, room capacity will be affected by a live band as they require more room for setup. DJ’s and bands must provide all their own equipment and remove it immediately after the event.
- You may wish to DJ your own event; however, you must provide your own equipment and remove it immediately after the event.
- Wedgewood Hall can provide background/dinner music.
- Events with music will be charged a SOCAN fee. Click here to learn more.
How long do we have the hall?
- The time you have the hall will depend on the event. Daytime events are based on 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Access times for organizers to set up prior to the event must be confirmed with Management.
- Access to the hall for guests will be 30-45 minutes prior to scheduled start of the event unless other arrangements have been agreed to by Management. Early arrivals can not be guaranteed early access to the facility.
- Banquet/wedding times will be discussed and confirmed during the planning consultation.
- Closing time (with bar service) is the end of the event OR 2:00 am, whichever comes first. After the end of the event, guests and organizers have one half hour till the hall will be closed